This blog post is shamefully overdue. We celebrated our 2nd year anniversary in July of 2014 but have been so busy producing quality theater arts experiences for youth that blogging hasn’t really been a top priority.
I did manage to put together a little video review that you can view by clicking this link.
If you asked me back in July of 2012 if I thought we would be where we are today my response would have been, “Wouldn’t thank be awesome?!?!”
But here we are, just two very short years later, and I can’t believe what we’ve accomplished.
Since July of 2012:
- Produced 8 shows with out adult acting company reaching more than 3,000 people
- Appeared at more than 12 community events as costumed characters to interact with the community
- Offered nearly 100 classes, camps and workshops for youth ages 3-18
- 854 youth have enrolled in a performing arts education program with us
- We launched our sister company, Treasure Valley YOUTH Theater, Inc. in October of 2013 and have produced 3 shows involving 90 youth
To say we’ve been busy might be putting it mildly.
Of course, these results are not without a cost. We are incredibly grateful to our business partners and sponsors who invest in our company to insure the arts thrive in Meridian. The Village at Meridian, Jedidiah Snelson Agency, and Washington Trust Bank have been consistent and faithful sponsors of our adult acting company. The Meridian Arts Commission has made it possible for Treasure Valley YOUTH Theater to plan and produce more programs. And, it probably goes without saying, the community support is incredible.
I guess you could say I’m one very thankful gal. A little dream has blown into a community movement…
I can’t promise the blog posts will be as frequent as they should, but I can promise to keep working hard so the arts continue to grow and thrive in Meridian and the greater Treasure Valley.
Here’s some pics of the past year. Enjoy!